Riverbank Farms started back in 1973 with a commercial beef operation using mainly simmental bulls. With our passion to achieve perfection in beef cattle that would work best in our environment, we purchased our first purebred simmentals in 1988 and by 1991 our herd was 100% purebred. We have been calving around 125 cows for the last number of years with 2/3 calving from the end of January to the beginning of March and 1/3 calving from mid April to the end of May.
For Sale - Bulls & bred Yearlings
Again this year we have an excellent group of yearling bulls from the top 13 bull calves born in 2019 (2 Blacks & 11 Reds). As well as a 2 x 2yr old bulls. All bulls will be sold out of the yard by private treaty and are fully guaranteed and fully insured at our cost until delivered to your farm.
The bull calves came off pasture on Oct 25th. The bull calves were weighed at pasture on October 4th and had an average 205 day adjusted weight of 804 lbs. We are extremely pleased with our cows that can give us that kind of performance on nothing more than native pastures with no creep. Click on the pictures tab to see 2016 photos. The bulls will get weighed again towards the end of March when they get semen tested
We prefer that you come to the farm to view the bulls for yourself. However if this is not convenient for you, we are happy to send pictures and negotiate a sale over the phone, email, or text.
Beef cattle has long been our passion. We strive to raise an animal that works hard for us. The simmental breed offers the characteristics that allows us to do so and continues to feed our passion to achieve our goals.
For just a chat, to drop in for a visit, or to come and view the cattle please give us a call.
- Brian Demeuleneire, Baldur, MB
- Henry Wiebe, Libau, MB
- Joel Robidoux, St. Malo, MB
- AP Simmentals, Fisher Branch, MB
- Terry Klassen, Glenella, MB
- Fred Delaroque, Argyle, MB
- Doug Chornoboy, Sarto, MB
- T&T Wiens, Pansy, MB
- Larry Retaller, Ridgeville, MB
- Bryan Mozden, Alonsa, MB
- Lockhart Valley Simmentals, Rimbey, AB*
- Perry Zilkey, Manitou, MB
- Darcey Michaluk, Komarno, MB
Riverbank Farms - Ray Cormier
Box 141, La Salle, MB R0G 1B0
- Judy Antonowich, Vita, MB
- Jessica Klassen, Glenella, MB
- Erin Armstrong, Elm Creek, MB
- Big Sky Land & Cattle Co. Ltd
Portage La Prairie, MB
- Wesley Wytinck,Cypress River MB
- John Badiuk, Vita, MB
- Barry Wiens, Pansy, MB
- Ashley Harrington,Crooked Creek AB*
- Dale Crowle, Hanna AB
- John Smith, Caldwell Texas *
- Robin Penner, Kleefeld, MB
- Tim & Cailey Johnson, Oakpoint, MB
ALSO SELLING - 36 bred yearlings (bred to a calving ease red Angus bull.
NOTE: Our 2019 February steer calves (total of 40 with 6 off 1st calvers) sold on October 9th at Ashern weighing an average of 743lbs and averaged $1546.
They were sold directly off our Interlake pastures with no creep. That is proof that our breeding program is on track producing females that can wean heavy calves on native pastures with no creep!
- Miguel Philippot, St. Malo, MB.
- Reane Philippot, St. Malo, MB.
- Paul Philippot, St. Malo, MB.
- Lonnie Gillis, Morden, MB.
- Aric & Heather Klassen, La Riviere, MB.
- Bryce McMahon, Inwood, MB.
- Josh Johannson, Woodlands, MB.
- River Rock Ranch, Fisher Branch, MB.
- Bois Travers Farms Ltd., Elie, MB.
- Rancho El Terrero, Mexico *
- Rancho Dolores Simmentals, Mexico *
- K5 Rafter Top Simmentals, Mineola, Texas *
NOTE: * = Semen Sales
THANK YOU to our recent buyers!
- Lane Dobson, Manitou, MB
- Trevor Goulet, Vassar, MB
- Kevin Nickel, Vita, MB
- Allan VanDersteen, FisherBranch